Sunday, November 2, 2008

A big girl has a busy week

Ok first and foremost- Kennedy is HUGE! I weighed her on Wednesday (3 days after her 9lb 4ounce weigh in) and she was 9 lbs 10 ounces. I swear by now she is a good 10 pounds. I would like to thank Johelen for this post about how her sister bought her a baby scale. Soon as my mom read it she went out and got me one and it has been so nice to have now that the doctor's visits are getting further and further apart. I can't tell you how weird it is going from knowing your baby's weight on a daily basis to having to only get it read every few weeks at the doctors.

Kennedy had a pretty big week this week. Monday morning Kennedy had an eye appointment. They are looking very good and we have a follow up appointment in a month. After that it should be four months and then every year unless we start to notice she is having problems. After the eye appointment we went to the airport to pick up my sister and had our car selected for a random search. That was fun but the airport police took mercy on us took one look at the trunk and thankfully didn't make my unpack Kennedy or the rest of the crap that she is required to travel with.

My sister Christi flew in from Arizona for a few days to help me clean and organize my office which had become a dumping ground for all things paperwork related since Kennedy was born. While she was here she also cleaned the freezer. It was pretty nasty since I hadn't been able to look at it since the breast milk incident. We thought it might work so we plugged it in, but after a few hours it died again. I think its for the best though. We are going to get rid of it and I won't have to remember that horrible night I lost all my beast milk every time I see it. I do miss having an extra freezer though. Christi left on Wednesday and it was a pretty quiet rest of the week.

Shawn's dad (Dan) came out on Friday to visit with us and Shawn's brother's family. Dan stayed with us last night and went home this morning. We got scolded for not sending pictures. Both he and my mom have had to hijack pics from the blog to put on their computers so I guess I better start e-mailing out pictures.
Kennedy has done amazing things in the two weeks since the Early Start people were out doing their assessment. She has hold on to a plastic link for a minute or two and has really become more vocal and more alert. She is spending more time awake during the day too. Some other huge news- we retired the four ounce bottles!!! We are now offering her between 120 ccs and 130ccs a feeding she generally takes around 100 and a little less at night but she has just really jumped up on her feedings the last 3 days. Also we switched to a level two Dr. Brown nipple and she seems to be doing really well with that. Hopefully the nutritionist will see fit to allow us to mix her formula for fewer calories per ounce when we go on Thursday.

Kennedy had a good first Halloween. I didn't get her a pumpkin or costume like I had wanted, but life kinda got in the way again. We did get her dressed us in a hat and sleeper and took her next door to Grandma and Grandpas to trick-or-treat. She got quite a stash since she was their only trick-or-treater.

It's a little blurry but its the closest I have come to getting a full smile on camera.




Kennedy with her loot
Grandma holding Kennedy
Grandpa Dan and Kennedy

1 comment:

Elmwood Court said...

Awww...she's so cute! My son has the same sleeper but the hat just makes the outfit.