Monday, October 13, 2008

We are still here!

Ok, ok, ok I know I have been slackin in the blog department lately, but I really do have a good reason. Her name is Kennedy. I think you may have met her. I thought life was crazy when Kennedy was in the NICU but she kicked up a notch just like Emeril now that she is home. BAM!
So our eye appointment went great on Thursday. The ROP is regressing so we have another appointment in two weeks and hopefully only monthly after that. The day wasn't stressful at all like I thought it was going to be. My good friend Jenn had the day off and drove us down for the appointment. Thank God for Jenn. I had only gotten two hours of sleep that night and after spending 30 minutes under the water in the shower I still couldn't pull myself together. There was no way I could have made the drive by my self. After the eye appointment Me, Kennedy and Jenn went to the NICU to visit. Gail was there and so was Allyson. We also got to see our two favorite NPs Lisa and Rita. They weren't working the day Kennedy got to go home, so it was nice to thank them in person for everything they did for Kennedy.


Another exciting development this week- My Super Target opened! Ok I know this has nothing to do with Kennedy, but those of you who know me know I LOVE Target. I have been waiting for this store to open for a very long time and now instead of driving 20 miles to go to a tiny, crappy, old Target with the worst driveway in the desert for scraping up the bottom of your car I now only have to drive 10 miles for a huge, beautiful, new Target. It opened Wednesday and I have already been there 4 times. I super puffy heart Target. My only complaint- no Clarence sections yet. Oh well there will be in a month or so I am sure.

Sunday Kennedy got to spend the whole day at Grandma's and Grandpa's doing all sorts of fun stuff. Mommy and Daddy got the day off to attend Jenn's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. It was on a cliff looking over the ocean and afterward we all went to a great restaurant for the reception. It was just a really nice day. Watching the wedding ceremony and hearing the vows brought back all the feelings I had on my wedding day a little over a year ago. It hasn't been that long, but with everything Shawn and I have been through this past year it was a sweet reminder of how far we have come and how much we have grown as a couple.

Speaking of reflecting back- Saturday Kennedy turned 5 months old. I can't believe it. Although the NICU days seemed to drag on forever now looking back it seems like they past us by in an instant. Kennedy has been home for a little over two weeks, but it feels like she has always been here. I can't remember life without her. She has been doing so well. Last week the Dr was a little displeased to see she had lost some weight, but today she was back up again. 8 pounds 6 ounces. She did so well this week that we don't have to go back for two whole weeks. I'm happy and so is my pocket book. Copays for all these doctor visits and starting to get a little out of hand.

So I really am sorry about not posting sooner. I am still trying to adjust to life with Kennedy and once I do I am sure I will be back to my old posting self. Until then I will try my best to get up at least once a week. Shawn and I are so pleased with the response to this blog and we appreciate all of our followers and everyone who keeps asking when a new post will go up. Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement! Don't forget to add your self as a follower of the blog so we can see who you all are.


Here are some pics to tide you over until the next post:


Could we get her in any more pink?

Daddy and Kennedy taking a nap

Kennedy watching the Dodgers



D&J getting married at the beach



Me and Shawn at the wedding




2 comments:

Cindy's Garden Thoughts said...

Enjoy being a regular family.

Mom

cyngill said...

Yay, its so wonderful she is at home and doing good! All of us WTE ladies are wishing you the best!~Cynthia