Friday, October 3, 2008

Our First Week Home

It's Friday morning which means that Kennedy has been home with us for a week and what a great week it has been. Shawn and I quickly fell into the routine of taking care of a baby. It was only two days before we felt completely comfortable and like she has been with us all along. Kennedy has been such a good baby. I don't think she has spent an hour total since we got home crying. She has been completely content. Tuesday she started cooing up a storm. Grandma and Grandpa bought her a bassinet that can roll around and it has a mobile with bears that she loves. Every time we turn it on she is all smiles. We had appointments every day this week except Thursday and it looks like we are going to have them everyday next week as well. As a matter of fact most of October is booked already and part of November. Thursday we have a follow up eye appointment down the hill that is going to keep us out of the house for at least 6 hours. I am a little anxious about being gone that long and all by my self, but I suppose the best teacher is experience so after that I should be a pro. I will be sure to let you all know how it goes. In the mean time here is a video of Kennedy cooing at her bears:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so happy that your little girl is finally where she should be, safe and happy with mommy and daddy.

Daryl's Dad said...

What a cute little girl. we are glad that she likes home. I loved the egon quote you left. I would have expected that from my brother but it's nice that the rest of the world is as bad as us .oh yeah, and sorry about the red sox. at least the world series could still be in L.A. though! be well guys.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I have been following your blog because I have a little girl in about the same situation. One of my biggest fears is bringing my little one home. Your blog eased my mind. I am glad Kennedy is doing so well at home!

Number one said...

Hi this is Amy the photographer that knows Jenn. I'm so glad to see K home and doing well.
Contact me at g_lo2be@yahoo.com so we can find a time to get together.
all my best,
A