Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year!

Ok, I know its almost half way though the month and these belated greetings are getting a little old, but better late than never right? I was going to write yesterday, but it was my birthday and I just didn't feel like it so I vegged out instead. Truth be told the reason I have been so tardy with my posts lately is because of my addiction. That's right I'm not afraid to say when I need help. Hello, my name is Katie and I am addicted to World of Warcraft. About a year, year and a half ago Shawn bought World of Warcraft but our computer wouldn't run it. Well when my dad gave us this new to us computer he made sure it could run the game. At first I didn't want Shawn to put it on the computer because I didn't want him to get all wrapped up in it and be on the computer constantly, but I caved and after 3 days of downloading patches there it was a shiny new icon on my desktop that I was sure I would never use. Oh that tricky Shawn, he got me to make a character under the guise that it would be fun and I didn't have to play if I didn't like it but I did. It was only a few days after Thanksgiving that we started the game and already I have switched guilds a couple times, I'm working on my second character, I chase down alliance with all enthusiasm of a lioness after a tasty gazelle, I talk about how I had to spend 3 days in Mulgore farming so I could finally buy my mount, and I would love to have that girls shirt with the Horde logo on it. If you have no idea what I am talking about then its for the best, don't go googleing or anything or you too might get sucked into the online sensation that is World of Warcraft. By the way you know how I was worried about Shawn spending all his time in front of the computer? He spends maybe a tenth of the time I do playing so I guess I should learn to keep my mouth shut. Can anyone say "moted." lol

In the name of the New Year, looking back, and fresh starts I hereby declare this Kennedy's official New Year update. Hopefully next year this time, maybe sooner :0) ,I will do another big update for the year and we can look back and see how much Kennedy has grown and changed. Can you believe that Kennedy turned eight months old on Sunday? I can't. I know they say time flies and you don't believe how fast they grow, but its so true. Its even weirder i think for me because even though Kennedy is 8 months old she still looks like she is only 3 or 4 months plus she has only been home for 3 months so it really doesn't seem like that long. Every day she amazes me so much. She is always doing something new, or better and exceeding our expectations. She laughs at daddy all the time now and always has a smile for everybody. We are working on strengthening her core so she can sit up and she loves doing baby crunches. Her hair is really starting to come in, although, only we really notice it since she is still such a baldy. No teeth yet, but for the last week or so I have been letting her have cereal so she can practice eating solids. Most of it gets spit out, but she has a good time with it and seems to look forward to it when she gets set in her high chair. Yesterday she even opened her mouth real wide for the spoon when I said "ahhh." She rolls from her back to both sides evenly now but hasn't been able to make it all the way to her tummy. She is reaching well and has become an expert at getting her hand to her mouth in one try. She cant hold the bottle yet and has difficulty getting the pacy into her mouth the correct way but every day she gets a little better. Shawn and I have her on a schedule for feeds (8, 12, 4) and have recently stared a bed time routine. She gets a bath, bottle, and book and is in bed by 8pm. She usually wakes around 7 am and I am currently trying to figure out the best nap schedule for her. She is still eating poorly. On good days she will take around 530ccs (about 18 ounces) for the whole day. When she came home from the hospital she was taking about 450ccs ( about 15 ounces) and that's what the bad days still look like. It was ok but she keeps getting longer and not gaining much weight so she is getting to be a pretty thin baby and she is starting to loose some of her rolls. Its to too bad yet, but enough that I am anxious to talk to the doctor about it next week. We have weaned her off her Diuril (diuretic). Ten days ago we switched her reglan to twice a day instead of four times and she was doing so well on it that Sunday we took her off all together so hopefully she will continue to do well and it will be one less medication she has to have. So for right now she is on Pepsid 2xs/day, Phos-Nak 3xs/day, Eyrthromicin 4xs/day, and a multi-vitamin once a day. Last week Kennedy weighed 11 pounds 7 ounces which was two ounces more than last month- not a lot but still going up and up is better than maintaining and way better than loosing. She is wearing size 3 months clothes and I have a feeling she will be in them for a while since I just got rid of the last of the newborn size stuff just after Christmas. Even though Kennedy is still 3 1/2 pounds from the weight limit on her bassinet Shawn and I went ahead and retired it anyway. We both decided that we aren't quite ready for her to sleep in her own room yet so we moved her crib into our bedroom.
I almost forgot to tell you! Kennedy way given an apnea monitor to wear at night when she came home. Mostly is was given to us because I kept pushing for one after she had a few heart rate drops close to her discharge date and because the insurance didn't put up a fight when the doctors requested one for us. We had alarms since she had been home, but as far as we could tell they were all false and they usually only have you keep the monitor until the baby is 6 months adjusted so a few weeks ago Shawn and i decided to let Kennedy try a night off the monitor and we haven't been back since. The discoloration where her leads went has improved and Kennedy still scratches her chest but far less frequently than when she had to wear the leads every night. All in all Kennedy is doing great. Amazing considering where she was eight months ago. Well that's all for now. Type to you soon!

No comments: